Apply for a Scholarship: Robert & Cathy Spicer Family Scholarship
The purpose of the Robert and Cathy Spicer Family Scholarship is to provide a $1,500.00 scholarship to graduating seniors of a Sweetwater County High School, other than alternative schools, who are planning to attend a university, community college, or trade/technical school. Preference is given to applicants pursuing a degree in business at a school in Wyoming and evidence of financial need.
- Geographic Requirements: Graduates of Sweetwater County high schools (excluding alternative schools).
- Academic Requirements: 3.0 Cumulative GPA
- Financial Need: Financial need is considered.
- Number and Duration of Awards: One scholarship of $1,500.00 will be awarded each year based on fund availability.
- Payment of Scholarship: The scholarship is made payable directly to the educational institution to be applied toward the student's tuition and fees.
- Other Awards: This scholarship may be accepted in addition to other awards, provided that the combined amount does not exceed the full amount of tuition, books, fees, supplies and equipment required for courses at the educational institution.
TERMS OF THE AWARD
A recipient must be enrolled as a full-time student throughout each term. If the student receives funds from the school due to non-completion of a term, those funds are to be returned to the Wyoming Community Foundation. If the school requirements are not met, but there is no refund, the scholarship grant shall be forfeited for the next term. Names of recipients will be announced by April 30. Each candidate will receive an individual letter informing him/her of the status of the application.
The scholarship is not renewable.
Application forms can be obtained from the Wyoming Community Foundation, www.wycf.org, and from the offices of the Rock Springs High School, Green River High School, and Farson-Eden High School Guidance Counselors. Please be thorough and concise in your answers; your writing skills will help the Selection Advisory Committee with its evaluation of your credentials and will be an indication of your potential for success in future training. In addition to the completed application, an essay response to the question below, and a transcript of credits is required. All forms must be fully completed and received by the Wyoming Community Foundation, 313 S. 2nd St., Laramie, WY 82070, by February 1st.
Late applications will not be considered.